Our Raising Aspirations programme offers an excellent range of opportunities for students both in school and out of school, and uses the Gatsby Benchmarks – a nationally recognised framework for world-class careers provision – as its basis. We support students towards university or directly into a career of their choice by ensuring:
- The development of the habits, skills and mindsets required to be successful at university and in professional life
- Students have access and exposure to a wide range of contexts and relatable role models to broaden their experience and build academic and professional aspirations
- Students can access high quality advice and guidance about their next steps, in particular during key transition points at ages 14, 16 and 18
Our Careers Lead
Our programme aims to meet all of the 'Gatsby Benchmarks' – a nationally recognised framework for world-class careers guidance – through the following strategic adjectives:
- Organise parent engagement events to inform parents about today's job market and world of work, and how to advise their children on these topics.
- Individually track every pupil's progress through the careers curriculum, including the trips and activities they take part in.
- Make time for active reflection after each trip and activity, so that each pupil is continually evolving their vision for their future.