We are so excited to be able to welcome you to Ark Burlington Danes Academy! There is lots of information below about how and when you'll be able to visit the school, and on this webpage, you will find all the information that you will need to help make your transition as easy as possible.
Firstly, watch the video below that shows our current year 7s talking about their experience so far and what our vision statement of 'we will be the ones to make our world a better place' means for students at BDA.
We have already started the transition process for our incoming Year 7s with one-to-one meetings and an invitation to our upcoming Induction Day, but if you would like a place in our new Year 7 cohort and have not received a welcome letter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and number and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
Here are some of the many ways in which we will support your child with their transition to secondary school:
- 1:1 meetings with a member of the SLT took place on Monday 3rd July. They were a fantastic opportunity for parents and children to ask questions and get all the information they need for a smooth transition. If you were not able to attend, please email email@example.com with your name and number and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Taster lessons are available on our website here so that your child can sample life in the Year 7 classroom and take part in some fun and engaging activities across the curriculum.
- Our Induction Day for all new Year 7s will take place on Monday 10th July. This is a fantastic opportunity to explore the school, get to meet some key teachers and get a taste of what lessons will be like. It’s also a great chance for students to make some new friends ahead of September. Some more details of the day are below:
- Arrival from 08:30-08:45 at the Wood Lane entrance.
- Food will be provided, but a refillable water bottle is advised.
- Wear full primary school uniform.
- End of day is 14:50 at the Wood Lane entrance
- In addition, in recognition of how challenging the last few years have been for many families, we are also providing every child who joins our Year 7 cohort in September with a FREE blazer, school bag and chromebook to ensure that they are ready for learning. You should have received a letter with a voucher for the blazer and bag, but if you haven’t received it, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and number and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Our Parent Working Group meets regularly as an opportunity for parents to speak with the principal, ask questions and to raise any issues. You can find out more about what they discussed, upcoming meetings, and more details on our website here.
- September Induction days (Wednesday 6th September and Thursday 7th September) are also a great chance to get stuck into life at BDA. Y7 pupils will have a bespoke programme of activities to welcome them to BDA, and to build their confidence.
We partner with Khalsa Schoolwear to provide your child with a high quality uniform that will survive the trials and tribulations of secondary school days. You can find their online uniform shop here.
The school will also be hosting a school uniform pop-up shop on Saturday 15th July. At this uniform shop you will also be able to meet some key members of staff and receive some BDA goodies, ready for September. It is running at Burlington Danes and is accessed via the Du Cane Road entrance. Please do remember to bring along your voucher to receive your blazer and bag.
We also really want to hear from you! We would love to receive a short video from you telling us about who you are, what you like and what you are most looking forward to (and maybe even what you are a little bit worried about) about coming to secondary school. You could go even further by telling us how you will make our world a better place while you are at BDA and when you are older!
Please send us your videos at email@example.com so we can start to get to know you, just like you are getting to know us!
If you have any further questions about anything at all, please do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, remembering to include your child’s name and a return telephone number and someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible.