Our enrichment programme enables our students to develop and deepen existing interests, or stoke their passion for something new. Each of our clubs supports in the development of our key Christian values.
With around fifty different enrichment clubs available, there is plenty to choose from, and certainly something for everyone’s interests.
Years 7-9 participate in a selection of compulsory enrichment activities every Wednesday from 3-3.50pm. Students from all year groups also have the choice of participating in optional activities throughout the school week.
To help you to decide what new and exciting opportunities you would like to participate in, here are the different categories of enrichment we have available for you this term and the values you can demonstrate:
- Our World – Be Kind
- Sport and Games – Aim High
- Cerebral – Keep Learning
- Creative Arts – Be Brave
We have close relationships with a number of external providers with whom we work to provide enriching experiences for our students. Ranging from universities such as Oxford, Cambridge and Imperial to internationally recognised names such as the BBC and KPMG, our enrichment programme ensures all students are able to encounter a range of experiences.
Intervention and homework help sessions are available in most subjects. Yr11 and Yr13 students will also have a formal programme of intervention based on their current data. Students will be given a personalised intervention timetable. This will support students to prepare for exams and future pathways.
We also provide the library for students to complete homework and enjoy a calm space to read. KS5 students can use the study space in the Dennis Potter building.
Year 7-9 compulsory enrichment activities (Wednesday 3-3.50)
- Craft club - Spend time crafting some masterpieces
- Walking club - Explore the beauty of our local area
- Origami Club - Discover the ancient art of paper folding
- Creative writing - Learn to write fun and creative stories
- Nature club - Look after hedgehogs, birds, plants and much more
- Clay club - Create some clay masterpieces
- Drama club - Develop your confidence and perform a variety of pieces
- Chess club - Become a chess expert
- Book club - Read and discuss different and interesting books
- Film club - Watch and critique your favourite films
- Kritikos - Be ready to debate controversial and interesting topics
- Guitar club - Learn to how rock out on the guitar
- Cross stitching club - Cross stitch clothing or items of your choice
- Maths club - Develop your maths skill and make maths fun!
- Year 7 & 8 boys football - Become a football expert
- KS3 boxing - Learn to be the best boxer
- Year 7 Netball - Work as a team to win the game
Breakfast Club is run daily from 7.30am - 8:15am.
We offer a free breakfast for all our students.
The breakfast options include: a selection of cereal with milk, toast/bagel (with butter, jam or marmalade) and fresh fruit.
Milk and water are available for children to drink.