Careers Leader Contact Details
Olivia Williamson (Assistant Principal): E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 0208 735 4950
Summary of Ark BDA Careers Provision
Under the Raising Aspirations programme, Ark BDA provides an excellent range of opportunities for students both in school and out of school. The school’s aim is to support students towards university or directly into a career of their choice by ensuring:
- The development of the habits, skills and mindsets required to be successful at university and in professional life;
- Students have access and exposure to a wide range of contexts and relatable role models to broaden their experience and to build academic and professional aspiration;
- Students are provided with high quality advice and guidance about their next steps at crucial transition points at age 14, 16 and 18.
|Raising Aspirations assemblies and tutorials||x||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|Careers strand of PSHCE Programme||x||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|Information, Advice and Guidance interviews||x||x||x||x|
For more information about the opportunities we provide please contact the school Careers Leader directly via the contact details above.
- Ark BDA shares the Ark network commitment to detailed and comprehensive tracking of leaver destinations for both Y11 and Y13. We are seeking to build on an outstanding record of progression to top third universities from the sixth form, and to continuing progress towards our aim of all other Y11 leavers progressing to a Good or Outstanding post 16 provider. Ark BDA collects and analyses destination data with support of the Ark Pathways and Enrichment Team, in partnership with the Careers and Enterprise Company.
- The Raising Aspirations programme sits within Ark BDA’s Non-Examined Curriculum, reviewed half termly by SLT. Data are gathered from a variety of sources including SLT monitoring and student voice in order to identify actions for further improvement.
- The school’s careers programme is audited annually by Ark to assess progress towards meeting the Gatsby Benchmarks. We are expecting to exceed network targets by achieving all eight Benchmarks in 2020/21.
- There is an established link to the LGB, and the careers programme is reviewed annually by the LGB following completion of the Ark audit. The Link Governor provided ongoing support and challenge throughout the year and participates directly in key activities such as results days
Date of Next Review of this Information
July 2021 (following Ark audit)