Ark BDA students achieve excellent KS5 results and destinations
Ark Burlington Danes students achieve excellent KS5 results and places at highest-ranked universities
Congratulations to all Year 13 students from Ark Burlington Danes Academy who have achieved excellent results in their A level and BTEC qualifications this year, and will now progress to a range of outstanding universities. Amongst the many individual successes to share, the following students have performed particularly well at A level:
- Rahim Feddag achieved A*A*A* and will take up a place at King’s College London
- Ayub Tagrerout achieved A*A*A (University College London)
- Faycal Mallek achieved A*AA (University of Oxford)
- Moaz El Kout Oustah achieved A*AA (University College London)
- Marwa Roomi achieved AAA (King’s College London)
- Achilleas Voudouris achieved A*A*B (University of Glasgow)
We are also delighted with some outstanding BTEC results this year, with the following students achieving at least 2 of the highest available grades (equivalent to A* at A level):
- Parvez Miah achieved triple Distinction* (D*D*D*) and will take up a place at Queen Mary University of London
- Aftaab Farooq achieved D*D*D (University of York)
- Rinor Fazliju achieved D*D*D (Queen Mary University of London)
- Arkadiuz Mikileski achieved D*D*D (University of York)
- Albie Nolan-French achieved D*D*D (University of Birmingham)
- Fisnik Peci achieved D*D*D (Queen Mary University of London)
Ark Burlington Danes principal Paul Bhatia said: “It is wonderful to see the hard work and dedication of our students and teachers pay off on results day. The superb careers guidance offered at BDA has helped our students gain more Russell Group university admissions and top level apprenticeships than ever before, opening the door to the careers of their choice. We are all very proud of their achievements and wish our sixth formers the very best for the exciting road ahead.”
Faycal Mallek English Lit A*, Philosophy A*, Spanish A*, Music A*
Going to University of Oxford to study Philosophy and Theology
“I say, go big or go home. It’s pretty cool to be going to Oxford University. My Mum thinks I’ve wanted to go ever since I was three years old and I touched the gates at one of the colleges in Oxford. But really what motivates me is the fact that the course I want to take, Philosophy and Theology, is great. And I wanted to go somewhere that I’d be proud to tell my kids.
I was up at 5am. When I got my results I phoned my Mum who didn’t believe me. She told me to send a photo as evidence! My mum and dad were always confident that I’d do well.
Can I just thank everyone?! I want to thank all my teachers for their support.”
Marwa Roomi Maths A, Biology A, Chemistry A, EPQ A
Going to King’s College London to study Dentistry
“I couldn’t go to sleep last night; I was so nervous. At 7am I was refreshing UCAS over and over again. When I saw my results, I shouted really loud and told my Mum and my sister.
My EPQ was on the privatisation of the NHS. Many people don’t realise how much it benefits our country. I’m interested in the NHS because I want to be a dentist.
I put in a lot of hard work. I was constantly in the library, from when it opened to when it closed at night. There’s a lot you have to do to get onto a dentistry course, from taking the UKCAT exam to having interviews and doing work experience. So I was one step closer to getting where I want to be, and I didn’t want my hard work to go to waste. When it got tough I had to tell myself, it’s going to be worth it in the end.”