Family Bereavement: Support and Advice
Many of our families are facing struggles with serious illness and family bereavement during this time and we understand how much more difficult this can be to cope with when you are unable to be with your loved ones due to social distancing. If you have recently suffered a family bereavement, we would like to express our condolences at your sad loss. We want to do everything we can to support your family during this difficult time so please let us know by contacting your child’s tutor, Head of Year, or by emailing our safeguarding team: email@example.com so that someone can call to offer you and your family further support.
Bereavement support is also available via the resources listed below, which can be accessed through the phone and internet. The following is a list of charities that can provide support/advice:
- Child Bereavement UK – call 0800 028 8840 Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cruse Bereavement Care – call 0808 808 1677 Monday and Friday, 9.30am to 5pm, and Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 9.30am to 8pm, or email email@example.com
- Grief Encounter – call 0808 802 0111 Monday to Friday, 9am to 9pm, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hope Again – call 0808 808 1677 Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 5pm, or email email@example.com
- Winston's Wish – call 0808 802 0021 Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In partnership with an experienced school chaplain, this booklet has been put together by Church Army to help young people who have been bereaved during the Covid 19 crisis.
We have also provided mental health and wellbeing guidance to all of our students on the Ark Burlington Danes Academy website here.
Support from charities, including therapy and mentoring, can be found through this link.
Please do contact us so that we can support you during this difficult time.