Sixth form admissions
The key to success in sixth form is choosing the most suitable pathway based on your strengths and ambitions. Our application process provides ample opportunity to discuss your plans and receive honest advice and guidance on your course choices.
Please email email@example.com, KS5 Lead Administrator, for further information.
Please note you will need details of your predicted grades before applying. All students currently attending Burlington Danes Academy should follow the guidance e-mailed to them on how to apply.
A Levels Pathway
This pathway requires at least 6 A*-B or 6 9-6 grades at GCSE including English Language and Maths.
Students need to achieve at least a B or a 6 at GCSE in their chosen A' Level subjects, or closely related subjects (e.g. English and Science grades are used for Psychology entry).
Students wanting to continue with Further Maths will need a minimum grade 8 in Maths
BTEC Pathway (equivalent to 3 A levels)
Students entering this pathway require 5 9-4 grades at GCSE (One of these should be in English Language or Maths), including relevant BTEC Level 2 Courses.
This pathway allows students to complete the equivalent of 3 A Levels in a vocational pathway.
If a student has not achieved a 4 grade in English Language OR Maths GCSE they will also have the option to resit this alongside their Vocational course (not both Maths AND English Language)
Sixth Form Entry Requirements
Please consider the following subject specific entry criteria for our A level courses. You should select courses based on the predicted GCSE grades you have entered, and the pathway to which you have been directed.
- Biology: A in GCSE Science
- Chemistry: A in GCSE Science
- Economics: Grade 6 in GCSE Mathematics
- English: Grade 6 in GCSE English Literature & Language
- Art and Design: B in GCSE Art
- French: B in GCSE French
- Further Mathematics: Grade 8 in GCSE Mathematics
- Geography: B in GCSE Geography
- Government & Politics: B in GCSE Humanities subject
- History: B in GCSE History
- Mathematics: Grade 7 in GCSE Mathematics
- Media: Grade 6 in GCSE English
- Music: B in GCSE Music
- Physics: A in GCSE Science
- Psychology: B in GCSE Science & grade 6 in GCSE English
- Religion, Philosophy & Ethics: B in Religious Education
- Sociology: B in GCSE Humanities subject
- Apply Online through our school website
- Read course guides and view videos on website
- Use predicted/working at grades to select most suitable pathway
- Complete application form online (Deadline 31st January 2020)
- A school teacher reference will be obtained confirming your grades
- Attend interview
- Receive conditional offer letter
- Attend Enrolment day to confirm place with GCSE results
Click the link for our Course Guide: Course Guide