About Ark Burlington Danes Academy Admissions
Ark Burlington Danes Academy is a non-selective school. Where the number of applications for admission is greater than the published admissions number, applications will be considered against the criteria set out below. After the admission of pupils with statements of Special Educational Needs where the Academy is named on the statement, the criteria will be applied in the order in which they are set out below:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children
- Children of staff of the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose “sibling” means a whole, half or step-brother or -sister resident at the same address)
- Secondary only - up to 25% of the remaining places will be allocated to children who attend Church of England primary schools and, where there are more applications in this category than places, who live closest to the school using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the Academy to the main entrance to the child’s home.
- Children of staff of the school (where there is no skill shortage)
- The remaining places will be allocated to children who live closest to the school using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the Academy to the main entrance to the child’s home.
For the purpose of the final bullet point above:
The main entrance to the Academy is the front gate on Wood Lane
The main entrance to a child’s home is the door into the house or individual flat or living space occupied solely by the child’s family.
To view our admissions policy, please follow the appropriate link below.
Support with Admissions
If you require any support with making your applicaton to our school our admissions officer, Ms. Polly Rees, would be happy to help.
Please call 0208 735 4950 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ark Network Appeals Timetable
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Reception/Year 7/Yr 12 in September 2020 will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
|Offer Date||Deadline for lodging an appeal|
|Secondary||2nd March 2020||20th April 2020|
|Primary||16th April 2020||18th May 2020|
On-time appeals will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for submitting appeals. Appeals submitted after this date will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being submitted, whichever is the later date.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by an external agency engaged by the Ark network.
If you wish to appeal for a place in Year 7/Year 12, please click here for the secondary appeal form.
Please contact the academy if you need a paper form.