Ark Burlington Danes Academy invites public consultation on the proposed 2021/22 admissions arrangements. The proposed admissions policy and consultation briefing note, with details of how to submit a comment, are linked below. Consultation will run for six weeks from 7th October - 17th November 2019.
About Ark Burlington Danes Academy Admissions
Ark Burlington Danes Academy is a non-selective school. Where the number of applications for admission is greater than the published admissions number, applications will be considered against the criteria set out below. After the admission of pupils with statements of Special Educational Needs where the Academy is named on the statement, the criteria will be applied in the order in which they are set out below:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children
- Children of staff of the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose “sibling” means a whole, half or step-brother or -sister resident at the same address)
- Secondary only - up to 25% of the remaining places will be allocated to children who attend Church of England primary schools and, where there are more applications in this category than places, who live closest to the school using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the Academy to the main entrance to the child’s home.
- Children of staff of the school (where there is no skill shortage)
- The remaining places will be allocated to children who live closest to the school using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the Academy to the main entrance to the child’s home.
For the purpose of the final bullet point above:
The main entrance to the Academy is the front gate on Wood Lane
The main entrance to a child’s home is the door into the house or individual flat or living space occupied solely by the child’s family.
To view our admissions policy, please follow the appropriate link below.
Support with Admissions
If you require any support with making your applicaton to our school our admissions officer, Ms. Polly Rees, would be happy to help.
Please call 0208 735 4950 or email email@example.com.