How to Apply
The key to success in sixth form is choosing the most suitable pathway based on your strengths and ambitions. Our application process provides ample opportunity to discuss your plans and receive honest advice and guidance on your course choices.
Applications for our Sixth Form is now Closed. We will only consider late applications if you fall into this criteria: Students who are predicted to achieve 6 A*-A or 6 9-7 grades at GCSE including English Language and Maths
If you are predicted to achieve 6 A*-A or 6 9-7 grades at GCSE including English Language and Maths please contact our Sixth Form secretary; Natalie Foster.
Pathway 1: Russell Group/Oxbridge Pathway (3 A Levels)
- Students who achieve a minimum of 6 A*-A or 6 9-7 grades at GCSE including English Language and Maths
- Students on Pathway 1 will be grouped together to facilitate an earlier UCAS process deadline and the delivery of the Extended Project Qualification (EPQ)
- Students wanting to continue with Science will need a minimum 7 grade in Triple Science
- Students wanting to continue with Further Maths will need a minimum grade 8 in Maths
Pathway 2: 3 A Levels
- This pathway requires at least 6 A*-B or 6 9-6 grades at GCSE including English Language and Maths.
- Students need to achieve at least a B or a 6 at GCSE in their chosen A' Level subjects, or closely related subjects (e.g. English and Science grades are used for Psychology entry).
Pathway 3: BTEC Vocational course (equivalent to 3 A levels)
- Students entering this pathway require 5 A*-C or 5 9-4 grades at GCSE (One of these should be in English Language or Maths), including relevant BTEC Level 2 Courses.
- This pathway allows students to complete the equivalent of 3 A Levels in a vocational pathway.
- If a student has not achieved a 4 grade in English Language OR Maths GCSE they will also have the option to resit this alongside their Vocational course (not both Maths AND English Language)
Sixth Form Entry Requirements
Please consider the following subject specific entry criteria for our A level courses. You should select courses based on the predicted GCSE grades you have entered, and the pathway to which you have been directed.
- Biology: A in GCSE Science
- Chemistry: A in GCSE Science
- Computing: Grade 6 in GCSE Mathematics
- Economics: Grade 6 in GCSE Mathematics
- English: Grade 6 in GCSE English Literature & Language
- Fine Art: B in GCSE Art
- French: B in GCSE French
- Further Mathematics: Grade 8 in GCSE Mathematics
- Geography: B in GCSE Geography
- Government & Politics: B in GCSE Humanities subject
- History: B in GCSE History
- Mathematics: Grade 7 in GCSE Mathematics
- Media: Grade 6 in GCSE English
- Music: B in GCSE Music
- PE: B in GCSE PE
- Physics: A in GCSE Science
- Psychology: B in GCSE Science & grade 6 in GCSE English
- Religion, Philosophy & Ethics: B in Religious Education
- Sociology: B in GCSE Humanities subject
- Spanish: B in GCSE Spanish
- Apply Online through our school website
- Read course guides and view videos on website
- Use predicted/working at grades to select most suitable pathway
- Complete application form online (Deadline Friday 12th January 2018)
- A school teacher reference will be obtained confirming your grades
- Attend interview
- Receive conditional offer letter
- Attend Sixth Form Taster day/Evolution Summer School
- Confirm place with GCSE results