Over-subscription criteria with policy
Burlington Danes Academy is a non-selective school. Where the number of applications for admission is greater than the published admissions number, applications will be considered against the criteria set out below. After the admission of pupils with statements of Special Educational Needs where the Academy is named on the statement, the criteria will be applied in the order in which they are set out below:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children
- Children of staff of the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose “sibling” means a whole, half or step-brother or -sister resident at the same address)
- Secondary only - up to 25% of the remaining places will be allocated to children who attend Church of England primary schools and, where there are more applications in this category than places, who live closest to the school using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the Academy to the main entrance to the child’s home.
- Children of staff of the school (where there is no skill shortage)
- The remaining places will be allocated to children who live closest to the school using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the Academy to the main entrance to the child’s home.
For the purpose of the final bullet point above:
- The main entrance to the Academy is the front gate on Wood Lane
- The main entrance to a child’s home is the door into the house or individual flat or living space occupied solely by the child’s family.
Our 2017 - 2018 admissions policy can be found here
Our 2018 - 2019 admissions policy can be found here
In-Year Admission 2017/18
The academy coordinates in-year admission for students wishing to join the school mid-year; we endeavour to process applications within seven days. If your application is unsuccesful, your child will be placed on our waiting list in accordance with the oversubscription criteria detailed above. If your child is not currently part of any formal education, we will automatically pass your details on to Hammersmith and Fulham's In-Year Admissons team, who will find a suitable school place for your child.
If you wish to make an application please first read the guidance notes and then complete the application form.