Looked After Children
Educational achievement and subsequent life chances for looked after children (LAC) and Previously LAC (PLAC) are of real concern. Pupils who are looked after require special treatment and additional attention in order to improve their situation.
Ark Burlington Danes Academy endeavours to provide positive experiences and offer stability, safety, and individual care and attention for all our pupils. With this in mind, we aim to:
- encourage pupils to reach their potential and to make good progress in relation to their professional, social and emotional development
- ensure that pupils enjoy high quality teaching and a curriculum which meets their need and the requirements of legislation
- plan appropriate support for LAC realistically and use the school’s resources efficiently in order to ensure the school meets their needs
- promote a positive culture in all aspects of school life
- help pupils develop their cultural, moral and social understanding.
For further information, please follow the link below to our policy.