Secondary School Entrance Changes
From Monday 14th January our entrance on Wood Lane will be open to students only until 8:55am. Students will also leave via this entrance as usual at the end of the school day. Any students arriving after 8.55am will have to enter via the Du Cane Road entrance and register at the all-through reception, which is located in the Primary. They will then be escorted to their lessons.
All visitors, parents and guests will arrive and leave via the Du Cane Raod entrance, at all times and also check in to the all-through reception.
The all-through reception is reached by following the pavement around to the left and entering the primary building.
Record Russell Group Entries for BDA Sixth Form
Burlington Danes Academy students are celebrating record achievement at A level and equivalent qualifications in the academy’s third set of sixth form results.
- 99% pass rate at A*-E grades achieved for all qualifications
- 50% A*-B achieved for all qualifications
- Average points score per student = 851.8 (747.5 in 2012)
- Average points score per entry = 221.1 (216.7 in 2012)
- 23% of UCAS applicants secured places at Russell Group universities (8% in 2012)
Burlington Danes Academy’s high achievers include:
- Nawid Daoud- who achieved A*, A*, A* in Physics, Maths and Further Maths and is going to the University of Bristol to study Civil Engineering
- Jouman Kojan- who achieved A*, A, A in Maths, Physics and Further Maths and is going to the University of Bristol to study Mechanical Engineering
Burlington Danes Academy Principal, Dame Sally Coates: “This is our third set of A Level results since establishing a Sixth Form in 2009 and I am immensely proud to see the performance of our students improve once again. Burlington Danes students have far exceeded expectations and I am sure that our reputation for academic excellence and personalised preparation for university will be enhanced by these outstanding results.”
Head of Sixth Form Mr Matthew Jerred: “These outstanding results have been achieved through the hard work and commitment of the students and staff here at Burlington Danes Academy. I’m delighted to see more students than ever before securing places at top universities, in addition to the continuing trend of improvement in the achievement of our students.”