Secondary School Entrance Changes
From Monday 14th January our entrance on Wood Lane will be open to students only until 8:55am. Students will also leave via this entrance as usual at the end of the school day. Any students arriving after 8.55am will have to enter via the Du Cane Road entrance and register at the all-through reception, which is located in the Primary. They will then be escorted to their lessons.
All visitors, parents and guests will arrive and leave via the Du Cane Raod entrance, at all times and also check in to the all-through reception.
The all-through reception is reached by following the pavement around to the left and entering the primary building.
Best ever GCSE results for class of 2013
Burlington Danes Academy students are celebrating record achievement at GCSE and equivalent qualifications in the academy’s 2013 results:
- 77% of students achieved 5 A*-C grades (including English and Maths)
- 19% of students achieved 5 A*/A grades
- 37% of students gained the EBAC (A*C in 5 traditional academic subjects)
Burlington Danes Academy’s high achievers included:
- Student A - who achieved 11A*s
- Student B - who achieved 10A*s and 2As
- Student C - who achieved 9A*s and 2As
- Student D - who achieved 9A*s, 1A and 1B
- Student E - who achieved 8A*s, 2As and 1B
- Student F - who achieved 6A*s, 3As and 1B
- Student G – who achieved 6A*s, 2As and 2 Bs
- Student H – who achieved 3A*s, 6As and 2Bs
- Student I - who achieved 7A*s, 2As and 1C
- Student J - who achieved 1A*, 9As and 1C
Burlington Danes Academy Principal, Dame Sally Coates, said:
"I'm delighted that Burlington Danes Academy has achieved 77%, the highest the Academy has ever achieved. This is particularly satisfying within the context of more challenging grade boundaries and increased rigour in assessment criteria”
Head of Key Stage 4, Mr Chris Fairbairn said:
“These outstanding results have been achieved through the hard work and commitment of the students and staff here at Burlington Danes Academy. I’m delighted to see this year group achieve our highest ever GCSE exam results and I am confident they will go on to do great things!”
Burlington Danes is part of the ARK Schools network. ARK has 18 ARK academies which will grow to 27 from September 2013.