Secondary School Entrance Changes
From Monday 14th January our entrance on Wood Lane will be open to students only until 8:55am. Students will also leave via this entrance as usual at the end of the school day. Any students arriving after 8.55am will have to enter via the Du Cane Road entrance and register at the all-through reception, which is located in the Primary. They will then be escorted to their lessons.
All visitors, parents and guests will arrive and leave via the Du Cane Raod entrance, at all times and also check in to the all-through reception.
The all-through reception is reached by following the pavement around to the left and entering the primary building.
Excellent KS5 Results at Burlington Danes
Our congratulations to our wonderful students at Burlington Danes who have achieved an excellent set of results in their A-levels this year!
There has been a significant improvement in results, with students achieving a full 1/3 of a grade higher in all of their subjects this year.
Our tradition of exceptional A-level maths teaching has continued, with nearly two thirds of students achieving A* or A grades, placing BDA’s maths results amongst the best in the country for students’ progress.
A quarter of our cohort are heading to Russell Group universities, with the following students deserving of particular praise:
- Fayez Ahmed, who achieved A*A*A in Maths, Further Maths and Physics who will be reading Maths at UCL
- Harvey Walsh, who achieved A*AA in Maths, Further Maths and Physics who will be reading Theoretical Physics at UCL
- Chloe Baldwin, who achieved A*A*AA in English Literature, Government and Politics, History and the EPQ, who will be reading Politics and International Relations at Bristol
- Faiso Kadiye, who achieved A*AAA in History, Maths, English Literature and the EPQ who will be reading International Relations at the LSE
- Gonjan Kaur, who achieved AAB in Biology, Chemistry and Psychology who will be reading Medicine at King’s College London
- Mohamed Mohamed, who achieved A*AAA in Maths, Further Maths, Physics and the EPQ who has gained a scholarship to MIT in the USA worth over £300,000!
We wish all of our students the very best for their futures at university and beyond!