Over-subscription criteria with policy
Burlington Danes Academy is a non-selective school. Where the number of applications for admission is greater than the published admissions number, applications will be considered against the criteria set out below. After the admission of pupils with statements of Special Educational Needs where the Academy is named on the statement, the criteria will be applied in the order in which they are set out below:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children
- Children of staff of the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose “sibling” means a whole, half or step-brother or -sister resident at the same address)
- Secondary only - up to 25% of the remaining places will be allocated to children who attend Church of England primary schools and, where there are more applications in this category than places, who live closest to the school using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the Academy to the main entrance to the child’s home.
- Children of staff of the school (where there is no skill shortage)
- The remaining places will be allocated to children who live closest to the school using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the Academy to the main entrance to the child’s home.
For the purpose of the final bullet point above:
The main entrance to the Academy is the front gate on Wood Lane
The main entrance to a child’s home is the door into the house or individual flat or living space occupied solely by the child’s family.
In-Year Admission 2018/19
The academy coordinates in-year admission for students wishing to join the school mid-year; we endeavour to process applications within seven days. If your application is unsuccesful, your child will be placed on our waiting list in accordance with the oversubscription criteria detailed above. If your child is not currently part of any formal education, we will automatically pass your details on to Hammersmith and Fulham's In-Year Admissons team, who will find a suitable school place for your child.
If you wish to make an application please first read the guidance notes and then complete the application form.
Ark Network Appeals Timetable
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Reception/Year 7/Yr 12 in September 2019 will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
|Offer Date||Deadline for lodging an appeal|
|Secondary||1 March 2019||29 March 2019|
|Primary||16 April 2019||20 May 2019|
On-time appeals will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for submitting appeals. Appeals submitted after this date will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being submitted, whichever is the later date.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by an external agency engaged by the Ark network.
If you wish to appeal for a place in Year 7/Year 12, please click here for the secondary appeal form.
Please contact the academy if you need a paper form.